Holiday Gift Picks
Here are a few of our staff’s favorite new items in the shop these days. Stop in sometime soon to take a look; perhaps one of these handmade goodies will jump out at you as the perfect gift for someone on your holiday shopping list!
01. PieBox – A reusable raw pine box with a sliding lid that is designed to be able to safely transport pie on foot or by bike, public transportation, or automobile. $35.
02. Perpetually Yours Pets – Screenprinted images of dogs (nine breeds to choose from – Boston Terrier, Pug, French Bulldog, English Bulldog, American Pit Bull Terrier, Chihuahua, Greyhound, Old English Sheepdog, and Yorkshire Terrier – male and female versions of each, available in multiple colors) on pillows illustrate the history of the dog breed. $34.
03. Tree Hopper Toys – Wooden discs with screenprinted images that you flip over to find matching pairs, like “Memory,” available in Transportation, Camping Trip, Monsters, Zoo Animals and In the Garden varieties. $18.
04. Sweet Stella Designs – Tiny Treats jewelry – earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces and hairpins – are finely detailed polymer clay sculptures of food to wear. We’ve got everything from PB&J to a Caprese sandwich, a Peppermint Chocolate Chip Brownie to a Hot Dog, and more. $14-$40.
05. Kate Funk – AC the Cat is the star of these hilarious cat greeting cards, sold as singles and in sets of 5, as well as a 2013 calendar. AC wears custom, hand-made costumes and poses on custom sets designed according to themes like “Bad Kitty,” “The Big Screen,” “Musical,” “Monster Mash,” and “Holiday.” Single cards are $4. Sets of 5 and calendars are $16.
06. Amy McAdams Design – This talented Indy designer has turned out a tee featuring a butcher’s diagram of a pig, except one cut is shaped like the state of Indiana. The shirt reads, “The Tenderloin: Indiana Born and Breaded.” Design also available as an 8×10 art print and in a pack of 6 postcards. Tenderloin tees are $26, 8×10 prints are $16 and the postcard packs are $8.
07. Mirabelle Studio – Family Keepsake Boxes made using bookbinding techniques. Perfect for mom or grandma, or even the bride-to-be. Small boxes are $50, large boxes are $98.
08. Abbeychristine – Kurt Vonnegut, Ira Glass, Pee Wee Herman, Bob Ross, Ralphie (in the bunny costume, from A Christmas Story!), Martha Stewart, Don Draper, Johnny Cash, Frida & Diego, Larry David, Charles Darwin, John & Yoko, and other pop culture icon and historical figure eco-felt finger puppets. $18-24.
09. Issa.Ino – Super soft and toasty warm crocheted bubble cowls to keep your neck warm this winter. $55.
10. Girls Can Tell – Cotton lunchbags with humorous technical drawings of items ranging from the Chicago Hot Dog to a Magical Unicorn, Sushi to a Holga Camera and more. $16.
11. Indiana Humanities – “Food For Thought: An Indiana Harvest.” Book written by David Hoppe with photography by Kristin Hess, published by Indiana Humanities. “Food for Thought” explores this exciting time in Indiana food and agriculture. $24.95.
12. Moira K. Lime Jewelry – Most of Katie’s work is botanically inspired, but she’s recently added our favorite line – a desert series. The Cactus Cross Section dangle earrings and necklace are stunning in oxidized sterling silver. The Desert Collection pieces ranges in price from $88-$128. Other pieces available from $24.
13. Just Pop In! – Mandy and Carly, the Swift sisters, whipped up a custom Homespun blend of dark chocolate popcorn with a unique twist! Mini tubes $6, large tubes $14.
14. Bombastitch – Stephen Colbert cross stitch kit. Because, who doesn’t need to painstakingly create their own portrait of America’s favorite political funnyman? Other favorite portrait kits available include Ron Swanson, Bill Murray and The Blues Brothers. $13-$20.
15. Engler Glass – Swirl glass coasters, sets of 4. Made with multiple layers of glass to add depth and durability. $40.
16. Delaware Design – Hand-turned ball point and fountain pens made from woods collected from the artist’s travels around the world. $90-$98.
17. Fishcakes – Paper Monster Kits, two different sets with six different monsters in each. Excellent for keeping little hands occupied! $10.
18. Queen Bee Creations – Vegan-friendly purses, totes, messenger bags, wallets and coin purses. Made from vinyl and waxed canvas. Prices range from $16-$162.
19. Neogranny – Brightly painted laser cut wood jewelry with vintage imagery – typewriters, globes, rotary phones, and more! Necklaces, earrings and pins. $8-$30.
20. MudBugs Pottery – Ceramic flasks inspired by the moonshine jugs of the American South. $28.
21. 1 Up Gallery – Nintendo Controller crayons, sets of 4 (red, blue, yellow and green). $5.
22. The Black Apple – Paper Doll Primer. Activites and amusement for the curious paper artist. $19.99.
23. Rare Specimens – Earrings and necklaces made from hand-hammered and chiseled raw rocks, minerals and gemstones. $40-$55.
24. Kim Sun Designs – Leather headbands, belts, wrap cuffs and keychains that are hand-carved, stamped, painted, stained and dyed. $8-$85.
25. Cracked Designs – Brand new line of cheeky greeting cards for every occasion; new baby, graduation, true love, birthday and more. Single cards $4.
26. Peared Creation – Industrial-style lamps with iron pipe framing and pre-prohibition era beer bottle shades. With vintage bottles from the late 1800s and early 1900s, from breweries from all over the state of Indiana, these lamps are the perfect gift for the craft beer enthusiast in your home! $130-$250.